Dr. Pia Stalder
Pia Stalder holds a diploma in Management and Administration (Ecole Supérieure de Commerce ESC, Geneva) and a degree in French Linguistics and Latin-American Literature (University of Bern). For her PHD (University of Bern and University of Fribourg, CH) she analyzed the verbal and non-verbal communication strategies in international business meetings.
Pia Stalder has worked for several private companies and for the Swiss Parliament. Until 2014, she was a Scientific Advisor to the International Affairs of the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI).
Today she is self-employed and Associate Lecturer at the University of Bucharest (Department-UNESCO Chair in Intercultural and Interreligious Exchanges), the University of Luxemburg (Master in Learning and Communication in Multilingual and Multicultural Contexts) and the University of Fribourg (Multilingualism and Foreign Language Teaching).
Main Research Interests
- Communication competencies and strategies in international work settings.
- Verbal and non-verbal interaction analysis.
- Analytical and managerial tools for the collaboration in multicultural and multilingual business contexts.
- Current project: « Individual and collective innovation competencies in Swiss SMEs » (in collaboration with private partners and the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts).
- Communication competencies in international work settings
- Socioanthropological approach to multiculturalism and multilingualism in business contexts
- Interaction analysis & proxemics
- Qualitative research methods
- Science diplomacy
- Coaching, mentoring and mediation
For further information: Pia Stalder LinkedIn