How to reach the University
- By bus from the train station: go to the bus stop across the street from the train station and take the bus 6 direction Cornaredo and get off at Università (3 stops).
- By bus from downtown Lugano: to walk downtown, take the pedestrian bridge across the street from the station and follow the path downhill. From Piazza Cioccaro head south until you reach Piazza Dante. Walk across the piazza and turn left onto Via Pretorio to reach the bus terminal. Take the Bus 5 direction Viganello and get off at Università (3 stops). To reach downtown by bus take the FuniBus (leaving from the station's main entrance). Get off at Via Pelli and walk straight to the bus station. Take the Bus 5 direction Viganello end get off at Università.
Located in the heart of the city, Lugano Campus hosts the USI Faculties of Communication Sciences, Economics and Informatics, as well as the University central administrative offices and library. The Faculty of Theology, which is not part of USI, is also housed in the campus.
Both the city centre and Lake Lugano, with the beautiful Ciani Park on the shore, are within walking distance of the Campus. USI students can thus enjoy the best of what Lugano has to offer: a high quality of life within one of the most picturesque landscapes in Switzerland.
The nucleus of the Lugano Campus is an ancient neoclassical palace, which originally housed the city hospital. With the growth of the University, new, modern buildings have risen around it, among which are the library, the Aula Magna (capable of hosting over 1,000 people), the red building (classrooms), the LAB, devoted to research and individual study, and the Informatics Building.
The Campus buildings host offices for faculty and staff, classrooms, computer labs accessible 24/7, a cafeteria, and several areas for individual and group study. The Campus is not only a place for studying, but also one of cultural exchange. In the green areas around the buildings and in the ample, newly refurbished canteen, students can meet and befriend people from around the globe.
1. Faculty of Economic sciences and Communication sciences (Centrocivico)
2. General Registrar's office (via Lambertenghi)
3. Conference Center
4. Public Library
5. Cantonal Art Museum
6. City Hall - Piazza della Riforma
7. Railway station FFS
8. Central Post Office
9. Ospedale Italiano - Emergency room
10. Ospedale Civico - Emergency room