Evolutions and «involutions» of cultures, in particular national cultures, in view of economic and political changes.
In the last 10 years, the world has changed tremendously because some countries/regions have emerged with very high rates of development. The BRIC countries, in particular, Brazil, Russia, India, and China, as well as a large part of the ASEAN region in South-East Asia. The impact these countries will have on the functioning of the world, not only from the economic point of view but also culturally, is an ongoing process.
- To understand the relationship between globalizing forces, political and economical change;
- To acknowledge about evolutions and involutions of the local cultures;
- To comprehend the impact that both traditional values and societal changes have worldwide.
- SEA countries as emergent economies;
- India as an emergent economy;
- China as an emergent economy;
- Economic and Political Change;
- Involution in management;
- ASEAN Shared Culture in the 21st Century.
This course will be taught at the Kasetsart University, Thailand.