The impact of culture at the level of the individual, the team, and the organization.
This module aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the issues involved in cross-cultural management. It will focus on the impact of culture at the level of the individual, the team, and the organization; it will demonstrate how cultural factors influence behaviors in the workplace and will develop some of the skills needed to manage effectively in cross-cultural situations.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the nature of culture, the theories and frameworks that help in highlighting similarities and differences across cultures, and comparative business practices and behaviors;
- Be able to apply these theories and concepts to a range of different cultural and organizational settings;
- Be able to analyze and synthesize different theories and concepts and critically evaluate their usefulness in addressing the problems of managing people from different cultures;
- Improve your ability to work in, manage and lead culturally diverse groups and teams;
- Increase your awareness of the economic, social, political and ethical issues related to globalization.
- Business organization/management and multiculturality:
- Basic value orientations and frameworks of cultural dimensions;
- Organisational culture;
- Diversity and inclusion;
- Business ethics and CSR;
This course will be taught at the Kasetsart University, Thailand.